Sunday, July 22, 2012

Happy birthday my sweet Graycie baby

This past Thursday my sweet girl had her first birthday. My husband and I didn't have any birthday traditions from our childhood. It was really important to me that we start some with baby girl. So we decided each year she would have a birthday dinner or lunch.

Well, this year we altered it a little. The plan was to go the the aquarium and have lunch. But, reality set in as the day drew closer. My little one still likes her two naps a day. I knew that she would not be up for driving an hour to get there, taking an hour to browse around, going to lunch, and the hour drive back. Luckily on Wednesday a friend of mine told me about an aquarium that was about half the distance away. It was really nice. It's called Sea Life. If there is one in your area, I highly recommend you take a visit.

So we made a new plan. As soon as she woke up from her first nap we let her eat chicken popper things from Sonic. That was her special birthday lunch. After we finished we would hit the road. That gave us just enough time at the aquarium that she could have nap number 2 on the way home.

She LOVED the aquarium! I gave myself a big pat on the back for thinking of that one. So many people thought it was a waste because she wouldn't remember. But, I'll remember and she enjoyed it in the moment. As soon as we walked in she squealed and starting pointing to the fish.

The pictures aren't the best but they still hold the memory. I used my phone and we had to keep the flash off so we didn't disturb the sea life. She had so much fun! Daddy did a good job of bending down and crawling into all the nook and crannies for the kids.

Once we got close to home we went for her first piece of cake. We stopped at a little cupcakery I've wanted to try. I'm a cupcake fene. There isn't a place close to me that I haven't been too. But, that's a whole nother post of it's own.

Layla and I tried the Chocolate Covered Strawberry and Daddy had the Strawberry Lemonade cupcake. It had to weigh at least a pound in frosting. So our first attempt to have her eat cake was not a success.


Finally, Daddy just took off the icing and broke the cupcake in half. Then she enjoyed her cake. She didn't seem as excited to eat it as she does her beloved peas and strawberries. But, that was fine with Mama!


My sweet friend over at The Lowe Down made this for my sweet girl. I absolutely love it.

Well that's all for now. Later this week we'll have pictures of her strawberry party. We had all of our little baby friends plus her cousins over. My friend Katie took pictures for me. I am super notorious for being in the moment and forgetting about pictures. I am so glad I had her do that!






Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you like it! I bet she had fun at the aquarium even if she won't remember it. I can not believe that it has been a year... Wow how time flies!

    ReplyDelete