Sunday, July 29, 2012

Easy Peasy Chicken Pot Pie

**UPDATE** I've added a follower button if you would like to come out and follow in the open :)

When I gave birth to my sweet girl a lot of my close friends brought dinner to our house. My husband's favorite two meals were a home made pizza and chicken pot pie. I think we ate pizza 3 times that week. My hubby loved it so much and was so determined to duplicate it but it didn't work out. Well, when it came to the pot pie it was pretty yummy. Pre baby I always made my pot pie totally from scratch. Ya know, I got the rue going and spent a couple hours in the kitchen.

So since my hubs liked the pot pie so much I asked my friend for the recipe. There were only FOUR ingredients! I could not believe it. I've never gone the rue route again. I could never remember my friends exact words but I could remember the ingredients. I'll tell ya how I make it and I promise it won't disappoint. I made this for dinner tonight. I like to try and make something savory on Sunday.

Easy Peasy Chicken Pot Pie

1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of Veg All drained
1 package of pre made pie dough
4 seasoned chicken breast cooked and cubed

Preheat your oven to 425. I use a 9 inch glass pan. Place one of the two pieces of pie dough in the bottom of your pan. Place the dough in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes. You just want to cook it enough so that it's not totally raw. This will help in sure the bottom of your pot pie is crispy not soggy.

While the bottom layer of pie is cooking mix the rest of your ingredients in a bowl. You can use any brand of mixed veggies. I prefer Allen's Veg All because it has potatoes! After the 5 minutes pour your mix of ingredients into the pie pan and top with your other piece of dough. Here is a picture of mine before I added my second piece of dough.

Place your pie in your pre heated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes. That's all folks!


Let it cool if you can, or just do the chew and blow like me so you don't burn you tongue to bad :)

Here, Layla wants to share a piece with you!






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment