Saturday, October 27, 2012

Happy 30th Birthday Mr. Hubs

This post is a little late but better late than never right. Mr.Hubs turned 30 at the beginning of the month. I wanted to do something special. I know when it was little princess' birthday I talked about traditions. We decided to do a birthday lunch. But, school has started for me and I had to work that day. So, I started thinking what could I do that no matter the month or day of the week and it could still be tradition. And...what could I do that Mr. Spouse could duplicate it totally on his own when my birthday rolled around. I originally thought of a donut tower. But that idea was quickly tossed out b/c I already knew getting up early for fresh donuts and be on time to work wasn't gonna happen! So then cinnamon rolls popped in my head. I know making them from scratch would be best but it wasn't realistic for my little family. Mr. Spouse could not do that when my bday rolled around. So it was decided cinnamon roll tower using Grands Cinnabon Cinnamon rolls.

Birthday Cinnamon rolls
1 can of Grands Cinnabon Cinnamon rolls
Sprinkles
candles



Bake your rolls according to the package. I took mine out about 2 minutes before the max bake time. They will continue to cook on the hot cookie sheet once you take them out. This will ensure that your rolls are light and fluffy not hard as a rock.

Once they have cooled off just a wee bit spread them with the yummy icing that is included. I then stacked them to resemble a tower. I did four on the bottom and one on top. Next, dash on sprinkles of your choice. Lastly, add the candles on the very top.

Light the candles and call for the lucky birthday person!
Sing happy birthday and enjoy! I literally made this in between getting ready in the morning. It was quick and easy. I woke up about 20 minutes earlier than usual.
 
I also planned a surprise party for him that weekend. He had no idea. He walked in the door, heard surprise, and walked right back out the house. haha :) I just wanted to share his cake. It came out pretty cute. I will say it looked a lot better than it tasted. I know how to make cakes yummy but I can't exactly make them pretty so I had to hire a baker.
It was the game of life with all his accomplishments so far. :)

On another note, when I logged in to create this post I saw that I had over 2200 views. Just 18 little post (this makes 19) and that many views. I don't even know if that's alot. I'm not up to date on the average views per post for a new blogger. Anywhoo....I figured people must be a little intrigued. I've had a couple comments asking about the followers tab. I was a little chicken at first about doing that. But the reality is the number of followers doesn't matter, if people are lurking and enjoying it that's fine too. :) But, if you're lurking and you want to follow go right ahead! I'm doing my first Social Studies QR code lesson this week. If it goes well I'll upload the file and share :)

Sharing this idea here:
sixsistersstuff
iheartnaptime
chefintraining
skiptomylou
Cheerios and Lattes


No comments:

Post a Comment