Saturday, December 22, 2012

DIY Gift Ideas

I'm sure if half the world is like my other half you haven't got a single gift yet. Well, before you go out in the madness I have a couple ideas for you.
1. Pedicure in a Jar
This was oober quick, easy, and cheap. I got all the items inside the jar from the travel section. So every item was less than $1. The nail polish was even $1. The brand was Fergie so I figured it had to be halfway decent. I used a little drawing tool in Word to make a label and tada all done.
 
 
2. Vanilla Olive Oil Sugar Scrub
 
 
I originally got this idea for a scrub from Amber at WillsCasa. Her entire DIY Christmas series is AMAZING and will make you feel like a slacker. Be warned :)This was one of her easier DIY if you are sewing challenged like myself. But, no fear if Santa brings me that sewing machine. Amber promises to help me step my DIY skills up to her level .(Amber if you are reading this remember boystown 101, accept the compliment my friend you are amazing) Anywho, I only had Olive Oil and Dark Brown sugar. I did a little reading and figured that could work all the same. Once again this was oober easy and quick. I literally had everything in my pantry. So, the cost of this was practically free except the two bucks I paid for the jar. I didn't follow a recipe. I just used a ratio. I did 2 parts sugar to one part oil. I also used 1 tablespoon of vanilla. The Olive oil smell was pretty strong. But, the Dark Brown sugar smell was the most potent of all so no worries. It smelled amazing by the end of the week when we gave it to her teacher.
 
3. Something for the toddlers
 
 
Layla's class did a book exchange but I also got small gifts for each kiddo. It was about $3.00 per kiddo. I found the oober cute little stocking totes in the dollar bin at Target. They had tons. Next, I got each little friend a train ornament and a teething toy. I put both of those in the stocking and did I little monogram initial with glitter glue from my craft stash.
 
That's all folks!
P.S.
I did my first Black Friday to get myself an awesome Cannon Rebel. I literally got the very last one :) I must say it takes beautiful pictures!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment